Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody got an extra drivers side, rear door reflector cover for a denali or the part number?

i havent found it online without buying the whole little light assembly. this is the white/red one. not all red

d38.jpg

looks like this

Used-2003-GMC-Sierra1500HD-SLT-ID860749908

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody got an extra drivers side, rear door reflector cover for a denali or the part number?

i havent found it online without buying the whole little light assembly. this is the white/red one. not all red

d38.jpg

looks like this

Used-2003-GMC-Sierra1500HD-SLT-ID860749908

That's the only way you can buy them as a complete unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, as you know, i replaced the Oil Pressure Sensor but now the Oil gauge slowly bounces up and down from like 10-20 constantly. I noticed it does it even when the engine isnt running with the key just turned a click i could hear the stepper motor working.

Oil looks good.
Any ideas you guys have are appreciated. It's not the cluster/stepper motor.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My backlights on the cluster have never worked. I checked all the relevant fuses. they were fine. Figured it may be the headlight switch module.

d39.jpg

BUT, I swear right when my hand was about to lightly pull the cluster - BINK! they went on.. what the..? haha, bad wire or connection i guess.

d40.jpg

I wish everything resolved this easy.

Wouldn't have mattered, i have bigger dreams for this cluster situation anyways

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, fronts and rears are the same.

They are the exact same sized opening I think 03 was the last year they had lights in them? My 04 just has a red lens in the rear doors, yet another GM cost saving measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's do a 2003 Escalade Cluster Swap

d41.jpg

These Escalade clusters have always been one of the sexiest gauges to me when i first saw them back in the day.

I ordered this one from Digital-Dash-Solutions aka Fix My Gauges

This is the "Black Platinum with Blue Needles and Blue LED backlighting" version.

Their staff is friendly as heck. Sent them my VIN, Mileage, Hours and they programmed that into the new/refurbished one. It shipped immediately and arrived within 3 days.
Couldn't have been any easier.

Check it out. installed

d42.jpg

and lit up!

d43.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC