Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a set of disgusting mats in the washing machine once and they came out amazingly clean. Almost looked new.

haha, hey, whatever works!

It doesn't have a 'furniture brush' or whatever its called? I thought i saw one with an extra attachment like that tgat u can do your couches and stuff....

nah, mine doesnt have all those features. but it does a decent job for sure

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
latest shenanigans

pulled out the old (barely holding on) oil dipstick tube. you can see the support bar was completely cracked off

d148.jpg

replaced with a new Dorman one from good ol RockAuto. Took about a half hour. i didnt even need to pull any spark plug wires, i just used a high powered LED flashlight and at the right angle i could see the hole it went into. went pretty smooth.

d129.jpg

my floor mats were hella dirty from previous owner. vacuumed the heck out of them,

d145.jpg

then i used my home Bissell carpet cleaner on them

d146.jpg

way better! you shoulda seen how black the water was that i dumped out of the cleaner. nasty

d147.jpg

had an amp and a box sitting around, decided to add it to the Denali. ran all the wires RCA, remote, 4 gauge ground and power (fused).since it was already crossed over from the factory setup, this was an easy addition once i got it all wired. hard to show you with a picture, but after dialing in all my levels over the last day or so. it sounds great!

subs (removed 3rd row seats again... for now)

d149.jpg

amp

d150.jpg

ended the night with a long exposure flashlight shot

d151.jpg
Your Dorman dipstick tube went in? Mine went halfway and got stuck, then when I was twisting it back and forth to seat it, the end broke off in the hole. Then when I tried to get it out the piece went into the oil pan.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your Dorman dipstick tube went in? Mine went halfway and got stuck, then when I was twisting it back and forth to seat it, the end broke off in the hole. Then when I tried to get it out the piece went into the oil pan.

yikes dude. that sounds like a big bowl of drama. yeah, i just squirted some WD-40 on the end and the o-ring and she slid right in nice and snug, you could even feel the little notch. i actually had to do it twice because i decided to go around the back of the spark plug wire instead. sorry to hear, that sounds like a pain. did you get it out?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yikes dude. that sounds like a big bowl of drama. yeah, i just squirted some WD-40 on the end and the o-ring and she slid right in nice and snug, you could even feel the little notch. i actually had to do it twice because i decided to go around the back of the spark plug wire instead. sorry to hear, that sounds like a pain. did you get it out?
Oh yeah I got it out after a couple weeks but only because I installed a cam, oil pump and timing set so I needed to pull the pan anyway. It wasn't hurting anything being in the pan but it sure bugged me. That's it, below the oil pan.

img_6988-jpg.180299

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I got it out after a couple weeks but only because I installed a cam, oil pump and timing set so I needed to pull the pan anyway. It wasn't hurting anything being in the pan but it sure bugged me. That's it, below the oil pan.

img_6988-jpg.180299

wow. thats a big job. but RedRocket can handle anything! do you have to change your Cam for more boost on your blower?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan