People with kids help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KFARROW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seat belts are equally as safe :) never use latch and seat belt at the same time! You can call and see if they can be retrofitted, it's often done for the top tether, but latch may be an option as well. Please don't do it yourself lol

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea but seat belts for rear facing only are just a pain. They go over the kid and I hate that. Doesn't seem safe at all. Then the base is so low you can't get it right enough bc the buckle goes through the base and then you can't set the car seat in it. Just a nightmare. So had to switch everything around multiple times to get it right. Now that I know though it will be easier but still. Would be nice if all seats had the retaining clips.

Tacky

Reaction score
II heard about this some years ago. It is by design. If I remember correctly, t has to do with the width required for a child seat and there is not adequate width to legally have 3 across. I do not have any information on why the driver side was the one eliminated.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
II heard about this some years ago. It is by design. If I remember correctly, t has to do with the width required for a child seat and there is not adequate width to legally have 3 across. I do not have any information on why the driver side was the one eliminated.

That's interesting.

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our 2009 burb is the same. I am an engineer, so my theory is that the bench doesn't have two pairs of anchors because they would need to add additional floor mounting bolts to pass the crash test for a doubled up seat. That would change the floor attach points...double captains or 3 across bench attach to the same bolt hole locations... why they chose center and not door position has me stumped too. I have 6 kids, so I get the space utilization needs, vs wants. Probably an over achieving designer at GM.

SunnyInCo

Reaction score
Thanks for asking. I purchased my '08 Yukon in '07, second child came in 2013 and have been asking the same question since that day.

Unfortunately it only gets worse when you think about putting a car seat in the 3rd row. There are no rear anchors and the seats are so flat that the car seat just slides around. Unfortunately the vehicle is not the best young family car/truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission