People with kids help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. I have a question. I mainly bought my 07 Yukon slt to pull the family around. I have two boys in car seats and I have run into a problem. Why does my second row have the passenger seat and middle seat have the metal rings that a car seat can mount to but behind the driver side it's not available. I can only do a seat belt retainer there. That seat is the same seat that the middle is hooked seat is connected to so it doesn't even help the the auto flip seat for people to get to the back. If anything it should be on the two that are connected. Anyways. Does anyone else have this issue or should mine have it on all three seats.

Can these be added? I doubt it but worth a shot.

Just venting but looking for some input with others having the same car. Does your Yukon have them on the 2nd row driver side or just the middle and the passenger side.

Thanks.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. I have a question. I mainly bought my 07 Yukon slt to pull the family around. I have two boys in car seats and I have run into a problem. Why does my second row have the passenger seat and middle seat have the metal rings that a car seat can mount to but behind the driver side it's not available. I can only do a seat belt retainer there. That seat is the same seat that the middle is hooked seat is connected to so it doesn't even help the the auto flip seat for people to get to the back. If anything it should be on the two that are connected. Anyways. Does anyone else have this issue or should mine have it on all three seats.

Can these be added? I doubt it but worth a shot.

Just venting but looking for some input with others having the same car. Does your Yukon have them on the 2nd row driver side or just the middle and the passenger side.

Thanks.
Doubt they can be added. Too much red tape around doing stuff like that aftermarket I would think.

I've got buckets and both of mine have LATCH connections. Not sure why a bench wouldn't.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you have a great point.

I am not sure why my middle seat on the bench has it but the driver die doesn't. They are attached.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may have something to do with being able to see the kid in the rearview or the driverseat being pushed all the way back....just ideas.... ill check my '13 tahoe in a minute...

So i remember now that no child seat buckets in certain positions no rear facing in certain positions

No 'latch' rings on drivers side for buckets but for a regular foward facing the rings for a tether are there and for the 3rd row there is a single ring for a foward facing with a tether...
Basically 2 sets of 'latch' rings one behind seat for a rear tether and some in base of seat for latch seatbelt

Last edited:

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I get pissed at the same problem each time I want to move the kids around when family comes to stay. Better to load everyone up in the Tahoe than drive around in 2 cars.

Depending on how many people I need to throw in the car and how many car seats need to be secured I remove the pass second row seat to make it easier to get in and out of the 3rd row. My oldest can buckle himself up and only needs help un buckling the red button latch on his belts so he usually goes in the 3rd row driver side and someone sit next to him. My youngest will usually be in the middle so someone can get in and out of the truck easier out of the driver side rear. .

I have contemplated tearing apart some old seats out of a junk yard, removing the tabs and then welding to my seats many times. Would be some work but would be a lot less work with the car seats and safer than just the belt restraints and latch that goes over the back of the seats. If I trade in for a new Tahoe soon I will be looking for one with the 2nd row captains seats or at least try and do a swap with someone or try and find some at some point. Decisions, decisions.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. How annoying is it that the 2nd row seats don't all have retainer clips. And the seat that does is the power fold chair to get to the back third row. I don't get it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wait, theyll be in booster seats soon enough then you dont have to worry about that crap anymore......lol

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I hope so. We Just had a kid 2 weeks ago. And a 2 year old. Little ways away.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
My CCSB was like that and was a royal pain, especially having the kids side by side when they start fighting. Sold that a got a Tahoe with captains chairs. Was heaven for everybody. Kids could put their crap in the 3rd row, space in between so less fights.

Totalled that and didn't check when I bought my yukon with a bench. Was pissed when I realized. If I keep this long term I'll swap some captains chair in. I like the look better anyway

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts