Peep these tie rod angles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still trying to diagnose my horrible handling. What do ya'll think about the more severe angle? It looks almost broken. Seems weird that the front is almost the same height on both sides of the truck but that much differen20170716_170914.jpeg ce of angle. Any thoughts?20170716_170935.jpeg

slow4dr

Reaction score
Looks like the drag link isn't centered. Which would mean the pitman arm isn't aligned properly on the steering box splines.

slow4dr

Reaction score
Although, at second glance. It appears that the CV is angles just as bad in the 2nd pic. If the CV angle is way different on that side as well.......then your $hit is all fubar

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the cv angle is way worse on that side also. Unfortunately I've already lowered the keys as much as I can. Front sides are almost at identical height but different angles, I don't get it. Unless the torsion bars are more worn on one side...

slow4dr

Reaction score
Yes, the cv angle is way worse on that side also. Unfortunately I've already lowered the keys as much as I can. Front sides are almost at identical height but different angles, I don't get it. Unless the torsion bars are more worn on one side...

Torsion adjustments wouldn't effect this with ride height equal on each side. It's almost like the whole drivetrain is offset to one side.

The only other explanation I can think of is there is a shit ton more weight on one side so even though the fenders are at equal height the chassis is not flat/parallel to the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63