Peeling paint down to the metal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TowinTahoe11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'09 Tahoe LTZ White - top of left front q-panel has started peeling right down to the metal. Anyone know cause, how far it might go, just started bubbling up, then flaking off 2" ovals in a line next to hood seam. Currently about 8" long. Afraid to start repair until I understand this. Rest of vehicle shows no other peeling.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If I had to guess, with it being drivers front fender, I would say spilled brake fluid.

bladenbullet

Reaction score
more than likely a factory defect...common concern with gm vehicles for quite a few years after the new primers were introduced...i recently spent a large amount of money having my left front fender stripped and repainted and am currently seeing the same issue starting on the right front fender near the hood hinge on the inside edge....it wont be long and it will spread right over the top like the left side....

I am a former GM service manager and have seen this many more times than I care to admit....GM had a special policy on the repairs extending the warranty but many started peeling after the policy expired....there is no way to know your vehicle paint will peel until it starts to....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01