Passengers Door won't stay open... Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nross33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my passenger side door won't stay open, I'm trying to figure out what purposes and how it attaches in the door. Any suggestions?65b7475728253738c589d6838c425751.jpg4bb4aa0c9f1d73e91dd4dfc381a54bf5.jpg

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Take the gasket off on the door side and you'll see two 10mm nuts on the door check. You'll need to remove the door panel to get it out / put the new one in. There's usually a lot of locktite on the bolt to the body so it may be a strain to get it out, but it will come. Problem solved.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine squeal like a pig every time I open or close the rear doors lol... this is exactly what I needed to read! :waytogo:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So interesting I've never had this issue with any of the vehicles I've owned. And my previous vehicle had 200k on it when I sold it. But I have a 2004 and a 2005 limited model sequoia that I detail quite often for customers and the drivers side back seat door never stays open. Whether it's on level ground or not it won't stay open by itself. It's so weird. And I've noticed, it's every sequoia in that body style. I've had three other clients with roughly the same sequoia in the year range and they all close on their own. I've always wondered why that is and why I've never had any cars that did it.

OP
OP
N

nross33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine squeal like a pig every time I open or close the rear doors lol... this is exactly what I needed to read! :waytogo:
My rear doors squeal also bad when I open them! Is this what is causing that?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear doors squeal also bad when I open them! Is this what is causing that?
I used to spray a little silicone on rag and wipe the weatherstripping on my 01 cuz it would squeal when opening. Also white litium grease on the door holder opener thing with the little wheel (normally on the front doors but iirc the back had them too) because they are supposed to turn as you open/close the door but when they dont turn it sounds like grinding/gouging metal to metal