Parking lights with key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spanky

Reaction score
well, if you're real energetic you could probably find a workaround but it would be time consuming for sure!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
you're only option is to replace the BCM.

Not trying to be argumentative... and perhaps you know something I don't but wouldn't this work...

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...ategory_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

If he can reprogram the BCM to any of those options I would think that turning off "stealth" mode would be attainable.

Are the PPV/SSV BCMs some how different? Besides programming I mean.

Anyway hope this helps some of you guys.

I have been wanting to get mine reflashed so it doesn't hyper flash with LEDs so I can lose my resistors.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
You cannot enable the horn chirp or lights on a ppv.
unfortunately.

Really? Well that sucks...so theres no way around it? And theres no option from the bcm to enable or disable stealth mode?

That's why our vehicles are Special. If you don't like it trade it in and spend the extra 10 grand between a LT and a PPV/SSV

When I first got mine I'm looking on ebay for the Tahoe emblems and mouldings . Heck within a week I spent 400 bucks on some used aluminum wheels and tires. that I have yet to put on. I realized that what I have is Special and I want to keep it that way. Yes I did add a few goodies but in the long run I'm glad I keep it simple.

Maybe your lights and horn don't beep with the remote, but you most likely have the ability to get your wig wag lights working. How many of yours friends can do that with their cars?

Aj that's my rant for today.

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
That's why our vehicles are Special. If you don't like it trade it in and spend the extra 10 grand between a LT and a PPV/SSV

When I first got mine I'm looking on ebay for the Tahoe emblems and mouldings . Heck within a week I spent 400 bucks on some used aluminum wheels and tires. that I have yet to put on. I realized that what I have is Special and I want to keep it that way. Yes I did add a few goodies but in the long run I'm glad I keep it simple.

Maybe your lights and horn don't beep with the remote, but you most likely have the ability to get your wig wag lights working. How many of yours friends can do that with their cars?

Aj that's my rant for today.
Im not complaining..my chick just wanted it on..she forgot where she parked and panic button doesnt work...its her ride..im just paying for it...im gonna check at the dealer across the street to see if it has that option...if not then oh well..rather save the money for some new suspension anyways...

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Its weired that they dont have that option..i work at dodge and even the chargers ppv, i can change those settings..

Polease

Reaction score
I enjoy the stealth mode. At least It beeps when you lock the door twice.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Its weired that they dont have that option..i work at dodge and even the chargers ppv, i can change those settings..

GM is very picky about who manipulates there software... the dealerships actually have to submit a ticket with corporate for whatever option you want to enable or disable and corporate "writes" the new file and sends it to the dealer to install. Getting rid of "stealth" mode probably wouldn't be a hard one to get approved since the dealer could explain to corporate that it is an EX patrol vehicle and I doubt they would have a problem with it since it is not a safety issue or potential law suit if they do it.

Now on the other hand, try getting the dealer to reprogram your BCM to ignore the federally mandated bulb out warning, so your turn signal indicators won't "hyperflash" when running LED tails/turns without resistors and it is not going to happen because if you caused an accident there would be a thousand lawyers lined up to take a big juicy bite out of the Generals ass if they were found to be tampering with required safety equipment.

That is why I posted the link in my earlier post. If that guy can reprogram the BCM with all those options listed on his site, plus more, I see no reason that he couldn't turn off stealth mode. And personally I like dealing with small businesses any time I can. It keeps guys like him in business which gives us in the aftermarket scene more options to mod which is always a good thing in my opinion. Plus you don't have to argue with the stealership to get what you want done.

A quick phone call to that guy would answer the question and put all the rumor and conjecture to bed.

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Like i said its no biggie..dealership is across from my work and know some people that used to work with me at dodge that transferred to gm...just hard to swing it by cuz its my girls ride and she uses it for work..maybe ill switch with her for a day and check it out for myself...thanks for your guys output though...

kbuskill

Reaction score
Like i said its no biggie..dealership is across from my work and know some people that used to work with me at dodge that transferred to gm...just hard to swing it by cuz its my girls ride and she uses it for work..maybe ill switch with her for a day and check it out for myself...thanks for your guys output though...

Please let us know what you find out as I am now curious myself, even though I don't have a PPV/SSV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts