Parking lights with key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if i have to go to the dealer to turn on my parking lights when locking and unlocking my tahoe? Ot sure if its an option to turn on or off through the bcm. I added a DIC hhoping itll be there but i guess not..2012 ssv..

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing, figuring that on ppv's they wanted them in stealth mode all the time.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a button above the light dimmer switch you can push to turn them on and off? See page 18 of the 2011 Chevrolet Police Technical Manual.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if i have to go to the dealer to turn on my parking lights when locking and unlocking my tahoe? Ot sure if its an option to turn on or off through the bcm. I added a DIC hhoping itll be there but i guess not..2012 ssv..
Approach lighting in dic

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Yup..not on the dic...so i wonder if i can enable it through the bcm..tried my snap on at work but only let me see through the modules but nothing else..

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a button above the light dimmer switch you can push to turn them on and off? See page 18 of the 2011 Chevrolet Police Technical Manual.

that's for the lights on the inside, dome, always on/off/dimmed

update: That switch tends to wear out, I was told, mine doesn't seem to have a 'click'. At some point I might install fog lights, that kit comes with a new/updated switch.

Last edited:

Spanky

Reaction score
You cannot enable the horn chirp or lights on a ppv.
unfortunately.

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
You cannot enable the horn chirp or lights on a ppv.
unfortunately.
Really? Well that sucks...so theres no way around it? And theres no option from the bcm to enable or disable stealth mode?