paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
boomboom baker

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but I got a beat old suburban to practice on before I paint my Tahoe I have painted finder and hoods before but never a whole car

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Big job to undertake. You need a decent spray gun with a large capacity air compressor to start.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a good paint booth. Professional or homemade with plastic drop cloth and plenty or air circulation.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you considered vinyl wrap?

+1 to vinyl wrap. I have wrapped several cars and motorcycles. My clearcoat is faded on my roof and hood on my Yukon, so I will likely wrap my Yukon. I have already put a large piece of gloss black on my hood because I was sick of looking at the spots on my hood when I drove.

Anyhow, it's not rocket science, but it is difficult. And no paint booth or big air compressor required!

To have a vehicle wrapped is about $3k. To buy the vinyl and do it yourself is less than $500. It lasts about 5 years (longer if you have a garage), and it's easy to replace one panel if you have a parking lot incident or something.

There are tons of colors and finishes of vinyl now, which makes it even more fun. I've used 3M 1080 before (expensive!), but now use Vvivid Vinyl which I think is just as good. It can be found on eBay for a reasonable price.

If you have any questions or really want to do it, let me know and I'll give you some pointers. There are also a ton of YouTube videos out there to watch :)

Good luck with it if you go that route!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne