Paint help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New PPV owner and new to the site, picked up this 11 PPV and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on removing this black stripe. It's painted on top of the factory paint.Screenshot_20180107-201918.png

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's actual paint and not a vinyl overlay or decal you might be out of luck.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's paint. There's overspray in the jambs

That's not good news, I'd personally live with it or if it's really bothering you have the whole car wrapped or resprayed. You could damage the clear/existing paint by trying to remove it off.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New PPV owner and new to the site, picked up this 11 PPV and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on removing this black stripe. It's painted on top of the factory paint.View attachment 190759

Maybe consider applying some custom stickers to offset the black? Personally, I think it would look neat with a decal on each of the front doors.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's painted over the factory paint?
Hmm, I wonder how thick it is.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is. It's thick enough that I can feel it with my thumb nail.
Has it been cleared or is it just paint?
That's tough. All of ours have decals. Mine has left marks, I need to do some serious paint correction to clean it up.
It probably sounds crazy but, maybe try to sand down a small area to see what the extent of the damage is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9