pain Denali stock grill ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paint Denali stock grill ?

Can the stock Denali grill be painted black ? i know its kinda aluminium chromish. maybe it can be sanded real well and painted black ? appreciate any inputs on his. Thanks!

Last edited:

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea...look at Max...lots of people paint their Denali Grills black

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

picture.jpg

OP
OP
hassoun

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my idea is to paint this chrome grill in the front black to match the bottom grill piece/tow hooks and the back of my truck ( smoked tails and dark tint). i purchased a chrome GMC emblem to go on the black grill. do you think it'll look good ?

Attachments

• IMG00044-20100407-1431.jpg
    IMG00044-20100407-1431.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 20
  • !BqVt+!QBGk~$(KGrHqEH-DMEuWiBwRvGBLvT43t)-!~~_12.JPG
    !BqVt+!QBGk~$(KGrHqEH-DMEuWiBwRvGBLvT43t)-!~~_12.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
hassoun

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will also be taking the yellow parts out of my parking lights and smoking them as well.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, Im not a fan of the silver GMC logos for a few reasons...Mainly though, it looks like GM forgot to finish their emblem...it looks like just a silver template or background piece..and most of them dont have the same depth as the stock emblems (silver ones look very thin)...however, thats just my opinion...plenty of others do like them...and if you like it, thats all that counts..(lots of people hate my red grill..but I like it..thats all that matters)

by the way...when I painted my stock grill (although with a different color, the process is the same)...I used scotchbrite pads...scuffed the hell out of the grill trim...broke the grill inserts out since it doesnt snap out, scuffed that piece...cleaned both pieces, sprayed both pieces with automotive primer, paint, and clear....then epoxied the insert back to the grill trim

Just go wild with it...have fun...and ALWAYS remember...its ONLY a MATERIALISTIC item...a bunch of metal and plastic...Its not the end of the world is something doesnt work out! :cheers:

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sure it'll look great once you get it all finished!

I think another nice touch would be to match the color of your grill trim to your body color...I think that would pull it together nicely

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just ordered the paint matching paint to spray my gmc emblem to match the rest of the truckm think it will be a nice touch

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Im sure it'll look great once you get it all finished!

I think another nice touch would be to match the color of your grill trim to your body color...I think that would pull it together nicely

Very good advice. That will make the black grille look even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne