P0011 code and plan of attack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
45-50 mph it shudders a little as it locks up? I didn't really feel it on my short drive home.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam position sensor did not fix the issue. Debating replacing the actuator on the front next to the cam position sensor

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved. I had an oil leak on the pan gasket. Took it in to get it replaced I also had them replace the oil pick up tube o-ring. That did the trick no more codes or service stabilitrack. The tech said the P0011 code was mostly likely caused by the o-ring. Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved. I had an oil leak on the pan gasket. Took it in to get it replaced I also had them replace the oil pick up tube o-ring. That did the trick no more codes or service stabilitrack. The tech said the P0011 code was mostly likely caused by the o-ring. Hope this helps someone.

Baffles me how those are related and causing that kind of code from an o-ring

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO....p0011 popped up again, I am debating replacing the magnetic actuator. Any advice or info would be helpful. Seems decently easy. Remove water pump and swap a part.

yopinch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your issue? I am having similar issues. My 07 Denali XL threw the P0011 code for the first time yesterday but has been almost stalling after driving on the freeway above 65 mph for the past month or so. It actually stalled in a traffic jam and did not want to restart initially. After 4 or 5 tries it finally restarted sluggishly. Once it stabilized, no code and it drove fine the rest of my trip. I really need to know the issue without spending major amounts of $$$ replacing a bunch of parts. I am in a new city and haven't gotten a "go to" mechanic I can trust yet. Any information you might have would help.

vettes980

Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your issue? I am having similar issues. My 07 Denali XL threw the P0011 code for the first time yesterday but has been almost stalling after driving on the freeway above 65 mph for the past month or so. It actually stalled in a traffic jam and did not want to restart initially. After 4 or 5 tries it finally restarted sluggishly. Once it stabilized, no code and it drove fine the rest of my trip. I really need to know the issue without spending major amounts of $$$ replacing a bunch of parts. I am in a new city and haven't gotten a "go to" mechanic I can trust yet. Any information you might have would help.
Working through this exact issue you describe. Did you resolve?

vettes980

Reaction score
SO....p0011 popped up again, I am debating replacing the magnetic actuator. Any advice or info would be helpful. Seems decently easy. Remove water pump and swap a part.
Did you ever resolve your P0011? TIA