P0011 and p0016 and service stablitrack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a cam swap and phaser limiter on my car. 2007 6.2 vvt 6 speed.
I know I did the timing chain right and installed the phaser right. Everything worked fine with the old cam. But I get these codes every time I drive it now since first start up after the cam install. Is it because the computer wants to advance my timing by more than the phaser block will let it so it thinks the cam is in the wrong place? That makes sense to me but I haven't seen anybody else with this problem online.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I know I did the timing chain right and installed the phaser right. Everything worked fine with the old cam. But I get these codes every time I drive it now since first start up after the cam install. Is it because the computer wants to advance my timing by more than the phaser block will let it so it thinks the cam is in the wrong place? That makes sense to me but I haven't seen anybody else with this problem online.

I am not certain why it is setting those codes but I can tell you that the stabilatrac light is on because the factory designed it to go into a default mode if it detects a problem.

As an example my wife's truck had the number 1 plug wire back off and the truck started missing, it caused the ABS light and service stabilatrac and check engine light to come on. The ECU will disable the ABS and stabilatrac systems in order to remove them from the equation while it is trying to determine where the problem lies since both of those systems have the ability to cut power from the engine if it detects a wheel loosing traction.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have low oil pressure? I throw The same codes and it's because I have a broken gasket on my oil pick up tube that I have not had a chance to replace. My mechanic told me that because of the low oil pressure it can throw that code and the stabilitrack light comes on but goes off on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy