Outside Tire Wear & Alignment Good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rotated the tires again and the front right tire shows signs of outside wear. I am pretty good about keeping the correct tire pressure all the way around. I also asked the dealer to check the alignment and they say the alignment is good.

So....what may cause this type of outside wear on the right front side?

IMG_3808.JPG

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incorrect tire pressure will wear tires in the center or the tire ( pressure too high ) or both the edges ( pressure too low ). Wearing just the outer/inner edges is usually a toe or camber issue. Only an alignment can tell you for sure.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your driving habits will affect such as how many left turns to get out of you subdivision as well as work. It also shows very low pressure while on a steering r/frt making excessive left turns, JMHO :2cents:

David g..........:)

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wear is just on the outside edge and only the right side. The door tag shows 32 PSI cold, which is what I was sticking with. So is there a recommended tire pressure (275/55/20)?

I hate these Bridgestone Duelers since I got them and will probably replace the with Michelin, but I would like to figure out the issue before dropping $1000 on tires.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wear is just on the outside edge and only the right side. The door tag shows 32 PSI cold, which is what I was sticking with. So is there a recommended tire pressure (275/55/20)?

I hate these Bridgestone Duelers since I got them and will probably replace the with Michelin, but I would like to figure out the issue before dropping $1000 on tires.

I would lean towards something wrong with the toe. When turning and full lock, the wheel angles and leans on the outside edge. Maybe also check your steering rack. Could be turning too far on that side or something.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just set the tire pressure at 38 PSI cold. Going for a 4 wheel alignment tomorrow not at the dealer.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Its the design of the suspension when turning causes loading on outer tire edge. If its one side most likely amount of turns one way compared to other. A friend had the same issue until counting how many left turns vs right turns. Made lots of U turns in cul de sac while towing trailer for landscape.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would a front stabilizer bar that is not torqued down enough cause that type of wear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts