Outside air coming in through floor vents.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earlb32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I replaced the actuators on both the driver and passenger side but haven't done the one in the middle because I don't want to pull the dash... I replaced my AC control panel because the fan switch would work when it wanted too. After replacing the panel I noticed that when all switches are off im getting outside air from the floor vents. Any ideas on whats causing this? Also, does anyone know what actuator does what?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air intake path is from the cowl to the blower housing on the passenger side. Some air is going to be normal as it’s being forced into the vehicle. The owners manual has a blurb on it...

d656f04cea62d8b391b64b0cdf995fb5.jpg

I’m not sure if it is normally closed or open, but selecting recirc will close the damper on the blower inlet and may reduce air flow into the cabin if it remains closed with the blower off.

As for the three actuators, the mode actuator is by the gas pedal and controls floor-panel-defrost; the temperature actuator directs flow to the heater core and is behind the cigarette lighter; the recirculating actuator is above the blower.

2bdbba66a7fd14b3938c69ad9a30aedf.jpg

05b6b59d556b4f7e1fb2d5d7ee3cde94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also found outside air blowing through the vents when the heat was off. found another thread here they said hit recirculate then turn off the heat.

dont ya know that works, no more outside air.

seems the recirculate door will stay open and let fresh air in.