Ordered my 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubsXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do more people decide to go with blowers instead of going the turbo route? Is it strictly a cost issue or what?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both the blowers and the turbos, but if you look under the hood where are you going to put the turbo or turbos? then you have to do something to get the exhaust to the turbo/turbos and then get it out the the rear of the truck. maybe if a efan swap would free up enough room for a turbo up front or you can go and put the turbo all the way in the back where the muffler is. There is a co that does just that.
with blowers you get instant boost and the drain of hp by driving the blower. With the turbo the boost isn't instant but then it doesn't cost you any hp to drive it.

I had a set of towing twins on my 3500 2wd Dodge with the cummins and loved it, the small turbo got lit up at a lower rpm and the larger turbo took it from there.

I would love to put a blower of some kind on my Denali. there are just to many choices/

BubsXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both the blowers and the turbos, but if you look under the hood where are you going to put the turbo or turbos? then you have to do something to get the exhaust to the turbo/turbos and then get it out the the rear of the truck. maybe if a efan swap would free up enough room for a turbo up front or you can go and put the turbo all the way in the back where the muffler is. There is a co that does just that.
with blowers you get instant boost and the drain of hp by driving the blower. With the turbo the boost isn't instant but then it doesn't cost you any hp to drive it.

I had a set of towing twins on my 3500 2wd Dodge with the cummins and loved it, the small turbo got lit up at a lower rpm and the larger turbo took it from there.

I would love to put a blower of some kind on my Denali. there are just to many choices/
I know all that. I come from a turbo import background where space is at a premium and I have a friend who has done quite a few twin turbo c5 vette builds so I really don't think space would be that big of an issue. With the size of the motor (6.0) you have the torque and such off the line and with such a moderate redline you could really size the turbos to give you more low/mid range power since there is only so far to rev a stock motor. It would seem that you could keep the stock drive ability for just putting around town with turbos where the blower is more dependent on RPMs.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mayhave cheap access to a 07 sierra DH with a L69 6.0 that needs rebuilt and a 4l80e/85e that works but has 200k miles on it....I really need to do some homework and see about a mild rebuild and refresh of the trans and what it will take to swap that in my Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14