Ordered my 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That vid is super sweet. Now that your basically done with the install, can we get a list of everything that was done with this swap? What's factory, what's aftermarket?

Thanks,

Nathan

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
noticed any issues with the trans yet?

spring im hopin to finally get some headers, cam and a converter..thats if i can find a trans before then..all in due time i suppose..

what are you runnin for a LSD?
No issues with the trans yet, knock on wood. I'm still running the stock 3.73 LSD and probably will until that craps out. If that goes, I'll just probably pick up a stronger aftermarket unit and drop down to a set of 4.10s while I'm at it.

Now that the Swap is complete and frying 24"s. I want to know what is next?:mexsmoke:
Still gotta pick up a stronger trans or rebuild this one to hold up. Aside from that, I have some plans for the interior and cleaning up the outside some more, like shaving the tailgate. I'm also thinking about changing the wheels and bagging it later down the road.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That vid is super sweet. Now that your basically done with the install, can we get a list of everything that was done with this swap? What's factory, what's aftermarket?

Thanks,

Nathan

Stock '05 6.0 LQ9 longblock.
Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam and Comp Cams LS6 springs.
NGK TR6 plugs.
Stock flexplate, starter, pcm (BB tuned), harness, water pump, and all accessory brackets/accessories from old 5.3.
Pinned crank pulley.
New stock motor mounts.
Exhaust isn't finished, but will be completely aftermarket. Right now, it's true duals, running off the stock 6.0 manifolds straight into a couple 2-chamber Flowmasters and rear O2 delete. Once all my parts come in, it will be LT headers running into a custom true dual 2.5" setup with x-pipe and the two mufflers. Hopefully I'll have all this finished next week.
That's pretty much it, other than the SC with a smaller pulley.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!!

The reason I asked is because I was looking to go ahead and get my cam and springs. Already ordered my electric fans, and next will come my tune, and then saving for my SC :)

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
6.0 ftw! I'm getting 17mpg after my retune last Saturday. Wait til you get your tune and efans Nathan, drives like a new truck.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK saw your Tahoe yesterday outside a local retail store. That Hoe looks bad ass in person, more than in the pics. I kept my distance didn't want you to think some bald Mex. was tryin to jack it or something. haha. I missed out on hearing that thing fire up an go. I got a gift card an was looking to see what I could I buy there.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's funny. I saw your 'hoe out there too and thought, damn, I've seen that somewhere before. I left before you did I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts