Ordered 2.5" lower strut spacer and have a question...

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by Clnorton90, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Clnorton90

Clnorton90 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Clark
    Did some looking around and decided to go with a 1" rear spacer and a 2.5" lower front. However, I was reading and I was unaware that apparently it's not the best to go over 2 inches on a lower spacer, and that its not a true 2.5" but the lift will be less height? I don't understand how that works, I would figure that 2.5" on either side would be the same. I have 285/70/17 duratracs I'm going to be putting on and want to make sure I'm not going to be cussing or dealing with a lean in the front or back. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Clnorton90

Clnorton90 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Clark
    Nothing... Just a small one time donation of only one minute of your time can help a member in Texas.
    I'll go to sad puppy pictures next if I need to lol

3. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    I can't help you from experience, but there are about a gazillion threads on leveling. Have you thoroughly searched and read?

4. 01Konvict

01Konvict Boats n Hoes

Name:
    Wade
    You can use a 2" spacer on the lower side and not any higher because it will hit the CV shaft. A 2" lower spacer only measure 1" thick too as the design of suspension will double the thickness height in lift. So a 1/2" spacer will lift 1" at fender. I doubt your spacer is true 2.5" lift if so it will measure 1.125" thick and run the risk of hitting the CV.