Ordered 2.5" lower strut spacer and have a question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clnorton90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did some looking around and decided to go with a 1" rear spacer and a 2.5" lower front. However, I was reading and I was unaware that apparently it's not the best to go over 2 inches on a lower spacer, and that its not a true 2.5" but the lift will be less height? I don't understand how that works, I would figure that 2.5" on either side would be the same. I have 285/70/17 duratracs I'm going to be putting on and want to make sure I'm not going to be cussing or dealing with a lean in the front or back. Any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Clnorton90

Clnorton90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing... Just a small one time donation of only one minute of your time can help a member in Texas.
I'll go to sad puppy pictures next if I need to lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I can't help you from experience, but there are about a gazillion threads on leveling. Have you thoroughly searched and read?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You can use a 2" spacer on the lower side and not any higher because it will hit the CV shaft. A 2" lower spacer only measure 1" thick too as the design of suspension will double the thickness height in lift. So a 1/2" spacer will lift 1" at fender. I doubt your spacer is true 2.5" lift if so it will measure 1.125" thick and run the risk of hitting the CV.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Measure your front spacer and tell us how tall it is. Like 01Konvict I am also under the impression that a spacer taller than 1" (which gives a 2" level) is impossible to install on a 4x4 because the CV shaft will contact the spacer itself or the mounting bolts.

If your spacer is actually 1.25" tall, and you have a 4x4, I honestly wouldn't even try to install it. I'd buy a 2" front kit (1" spacers) from Summit for $25 on ebay, or get an upper 2.5" kit. Regarding the lean, I did have a little bit of lean after I installed a 2" front level and 1" rear level, but I have autoride. A switch to 1.5" rear spacers made it level. IIRC the coil springs on LTs and SLTs sit a little higher than autoride shocks by default so a 1" spacer with a 2" front will probably level them pretty closely.