OPTIONS FOR THE SLOW PACE UPGRADERS (SPEAKER FIRST)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know opening the door panels is not the hardest thing but I'm thinking of just upgrading the speakers for now and later adding amps and sub. If I went this route, is there any way to wire the amp to the car without having the speakers wire directly to the amp? Simplest way to connect amp without opening the doors?

Any disadvantages? Sound quality worst? Since the system is already powered by a stock amp, maybe there is a way to direct it to a better amp?

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey im actually doing this myself, so far ive only replaced the 2 front door speakers. I just spliced them into the factory wires. I did lose some performance of them since i went from 2 ohm to 4 ohm but they sound decent enough to get me by till i can do the rest.

Im looking into just cutting the door speaker wired from the oe amp and routing them to the new amp. But i lm not sure if itll mess with the door and key chimes(not a big deal to me) or anything else.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for an improvement going to aftermarket speakers with no amp. Sounds like you need 2 ohm speakers to do this and at the end will have to get a 2 ohm amp or one that powers bridged 2 ohms with no issues. Was thinking of a line converter of some sort or some device that will convert the connections od current amp to an aftermarket one...ugh, i'm just thrown off by the fact that the aftermarket dont sound better. If thats the case, I may as well do speaker/amp upgrade all in one....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts