Optima Yellow Battery Or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bosch AGM Battery at Pep Boys is pretty good and the warranty process is easy. I had a AGM battery from Advance Auto that lasted 2 years and when I took it in for replacement the one they gave me dropped a cell within two months. I just replaced it with a group 78 conventional battery since AGM batteries are a pain once they lose juice. My 03 has everything including a plow but the reg battery is fine. Don't believe the hype

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree about Optima batteries, not what they used to be.
I ended up with XS Power. I'm happy with them.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree about Optima batteries, not what they used to be.
I ended up with XS Power. I'm happy with them.

How much you pay? I see a lot of high end audio cars using this battery but it looks super expensive.

JollyRoger01

Christ Reigns
Reaction score
How big of a system do you plan on running?

+1 xs batteries I ran a D3300 in my old burban. It was in the $250 range.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much you pay? I see a lot of high end audio cars using this battery but it looks super expensive.

I have a D3400 and the XP750 (little fella haha) I probably have around $625 in my batteries + charger.

They are pricey but, you get what you pay for.

How big of a system do you plan on running?

+1 xs batteries I ran a D3300 in my old burban. It was in the $250 range.

Me? No system.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running the Optima red top in the PPV for a couple of years now with zero issues. Finally got that nasty flooded acid battery out of the truck, and never looked back. We have Optimas in probably 50% of our collection. Most are on Battery Tenders, but the daily-driven cars have them, too, and we've had no worse a failure rate with the Optima than other batteries.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running the Optima red top in the PPV for a couple of years now with zero issues. Finally got that nasty flooded acid battery out of the truck, and never looked back. We have Optimas in probably 50% of our collection. Most are on Battery Tenders, but the daily-driven cars have them, too, and we've had no worse a failure rate with the Optima than other batteries.

How old are these Optima's you have? I had a red top that did me well even with a descent audio system. But scared to buy one today. If Optima was cheaper I would probably take a risk but the Sears is not only cheaper with similar capabilities but also has a more consistent positive reputation....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt