Optima Yellow Battery Or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with a Duralast Gold that seems to have died in 3 years. I dont have an upgraded audio system but plan to. Optima Yellow sounds like the way to go but not sure which size to get. Also if there is another brand that has similar quality but cheaper, I'm open. Any suggestions?

I had a yellow top once in an audio upgrade car and it didnt last as long as I expected. Ended up replacing with a red top which had a better warranty and didnt give any problems. Since I will be doing more tailgating and watching movies while parked, I think I want the deep cycle. Any recommendations?

I checked optima website and they only recommend a red top. Scared to get wrong size and dont want to add wood or anything to lift battery unless necessary.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Optima's are great but the sizes offered aren't generally ideal for the OEM tray. Look at Bosch (Pep Boys) and Interstate (and other brand) AGM batteries

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. My only concern is the connectors are different. For the terminals to sit the same way as my duralast, the negative will be towards engine bay. I'm assuming I'll have to make the terminals sit towards the outside of the car. Will see how this goes. I was worried about the ground wire but I dont seem to have the issues others have where navi and various electronics act up.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Optimas are crap now. They use to be good 10 years ago but not anymore...
deka AGM are nice
duracell AGM are nice
These are what all the car audio guys buy and abuse the hell out of and they last forever.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share the Diehard fit perfectly. Those Odysseys look great but yea very pricey. Sounds like I made an ok decision with DieHard since recommended by audio guru and a lot of people calling Optima crap now. I seen Duracell batteries at Sams Club but didnt see enough reviews to take a chance. Plus Sears had a great promotion on batteries this week in combination with retailmenot coupon. Saved almost 50 bucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts