OPTIC DRL LED Projector and tail lights opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So these headlights come with a projector housing?

What would the benefits be of running LED for the headlight over an HID bulb?

Basically, is this the answer that a lot of us have been looking for other than going with a complete retro fit?

Sorry, I'm a newb. But yes, I did read through the sticky about anzo and the other 10page one.
I used to have a set of Spyder projectors on my car, and there was a sticker on them that specifically said no HID's. I personally love them and if they work in this application that would be great. Usually the led's don't produce as much heat as HID's do and I don't want to risk a fire.

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used to have a set of Spyder projectors on my car, and there was a sticker on them that specifically said no HID's. I personally love them and if they work in this application that would be great. Usually the led's don't produce as much heat as HID's do and I don't want to risk a fire.

Yeah I read about the spyder ones being a waste of money. I'm hoping these aren't.

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My low beam bulbs lasted 4 months on these, and its hard to get replacements to work correctly. Projectors are really picky with placement. Had to put my oems back on, and with ss ultra, they are actually much brighter. Still miss the look, and plan on replacing projectors later...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

When you say you had to to put your OEMS back on; did you mean you had to put the OEM bulbs back in or the entire headlight housing?

Are you currently running this setup now? If so what headlight bulb are you using?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put oem housings back on. I didnt have time to mess with set up so I put old lights in. I purchased some h7 lamps on amazon (thats what bulbs the lows are) and put them back on, but they didnt output right (not lined up correctly and were unusable), and had to pull them again. Once you do it 4 times, its less than 15 min a side to change. Mine are spyder, and had same light pattern you had before it went out. Plasma tube really looks good...

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put oem housings back on. I didnt have time to mess with set up so I put old lights in. I purchased some h7 lamps on amazon (thats what bulbs the lows are) and put them back on, but they didnt output right (not lined up correctly and were unusable), and had to pull them again. Once you do it 4 times, its less than 15 min a side to change. Mine are spyder, and had same light pattern you had before it went out. Plasma tube really looks good...

Thanks for clearing that up. But you said yours were Spyder's; so not the ones in the original post made by DT Motto?

JimB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I read about the spyder ones being a waste of money. I'm hoping these aren't.
Definetly like the way these look and think it may be a time for a change. Really like the way the tail lights look similar to the ones on the current trucks.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dt motto was seller on ebay, box said spyder. I like the tails too...

Reaction score
What LED bulb kit did you use? I'd rather not have to rewrite the whole headlight just to use a LED or HID.
The LEDs I used have fans, but for them to fit, I had to shave to metal bars behind the headlights.

Reaction score
So these headlights come with a projector housing?

What would the benefits be of running LED for the headlight over an HID bulb?

Basically, is this the answer that a lot of us have been looking for other than going with a complete retro fit?

Sorry, I'm a newb. But yes, I did read through the sticky about anzo and the other 10page one.
LEDs are brighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tttterrrr