OPTIC DRL LED Projector and tail lights opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fink117

Fink117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bce300119b73aa07866d3ba1c9eb6b14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow that looks fantastic! What bulbs are you running in the projector housing? And are those the same as the link I put up or did you get a different manufacturer?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fink117

Fink117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That with an LED bulb could look amazing. The cut off is much better than I expected.

Beezaroh

Reaction score
Wow that looks fantastic? What bulbs are you running in the projector housing? And are those the same as the link I put up or did you get a different manufacturer?
Im using the bulb it came with. Ill be switching to led soon but its not a direct oem Fit, so i have to figure that out. Bought them from ebay tho. Dt moto i believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90PROFX

Reaction score
I kinda have to agree, the pic confirms my worst fear is laid to rest on the cut off. I'm in for a pair of these.

I'd still like to hear some feedback on swapping out for LED lights as we all know the Tahoe has little to no room on the back side for LED's sporting fans or big heat sinks, etc, etc. Kinda relying on those who have done the mod for guidance as I can't afford to have mine down for very long. I'm trying to get to a point of gathering all my parts (headlight housings, LED bulbs Hi & Low, Fog LED's) so I can pull it apart flip it and back together again.

Thanks to all that provide and share this info.

Last edited:

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So these headlights come with a projector housing?

What would the benefits be of running LED for the headlight over an HID bulb?

Basically, is this the answer that a lot of us have been looking for other than going with a complete retro fit?

Sorry, I'm a newb. But yes, I did read through the sticky about anzo and the other 10page one.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My low beam bulbs lasted 4 months on these, and its hard to get replacements to work correctly. Projectors are really picky with placement. Had to put my oems back on, and with ss ultra, they are actually much brighter. Still miss the look, and plan on replacing projectors later...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9