Opinions wanted, color match or smoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about to install bug shield and rain guards on my silver birch Z71,.. I thought about color matching them before installing,..or leave them smoked black...im on the fence here.
Btw, my bumpers and door handles are color matched...but im also going to be dark tinting the driver and pass windows as well.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I vote color match.
I did mine. I bought the truck with them smoked, Took them off for awhile so it was a smooth look without them but then I finally decided to paint and install them back on after a rainy summer . Looks great, especially with tint. Doesn't stand out too much but mines a dark color. But I think it looks even better on lighter colors like silver and white. I think I'm old school tho, nobody really does this style anymore. See either smoked or none at all, not many painted to match.image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg
Also note that These are tape on, if they were in-channel I would've left them black/smoked