Opinions on this Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hack Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe
http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3669093

I'm looking for a Tahoe to pull a 1979 20ft travel trailer for this summer. Trailer weighs about 3,700 lbs dry.
I found this Tahoe which seems interesting, but would love all your expert opinions on it. It has 245k on the body. Maybe with a few more upgrades it could work out really well?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a more speculative note....nobody puts 12k into something and sells it for 3500 just because they drive their truck more. Unless you have an emergency expense and you gotta have the cash you just don't do that unless you are an idiot. Either his story about all the "new" parts is bs or something else is seriously wrong with it like it needs a differential or the inside is trashed. Or its stolen lol. I'd pass and try to find an all original obs that you know the history on.

OP
OP
H

Hack Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha yeah. I agree it is pretty sketchy. But could also just be super lucky. We'll go look at it at least. And definitely take it in to a mechanic for a pre purchase inspection if we get that far.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty clean, a lot of sellers don't even bother to pick up the empty Skoal cans on the floor.

One thing...what is this hose running by the driver side valve cover? Looks like heater hose.

1B00EF69-7007-46DF-9A0E-4B6E2DAC724D_zpsmm8fz6ek.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if he has legit receipts for all the replacement parts and it runs and drives like it should. i wouldn't see the issue. it should be pretty easy to tell if the engine was replaced considering the mileage on the truck. the trans if he has receipts should be shifting perfect also. its not hard to rack up a 12k mechanic bill if he had a shop do all the labor and parts. this is one of those trucks if your not mechanically inclined bring someone who is. it should be easy to de-bunk his lies if hes lying or hiding an issue. good luck

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck may be worth the asking price, but the whole $12k investment story makes me leery. It doesn't add up.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He probably meant $12,000 since he's owned it including how much he bought it for, I see a lot of people doing that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS

Latest posts