Opinions on Aftermarket Motor Mounts? '07 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you who have switched to the Hummer mount, was there a noticeable increase in the amount of engine vibration felt with the solid mount vs original liquid filled?

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
Those of you who have switched to the Hummer mount, was there a noticeable increase in the amount of engine vibration felt with the solid mount vs original liquid filled?

General consensus seems to be you may feel a slight increase in cabin vibrations but nothing too crazy. Slight vibration > replacing motor mount every 30k miles.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the O'reilly brand "PowerTourque" motor mount for my '07 Yukon Denali because it's what they had in stock. Cost about $90 and has a Lifetime warranty. Looked identical to the broken factory mount I pulled out of my Yukon (driver side). I installed it probably 20k miles ago seems to be working fine and no noticeable difference in cabin vibration to me but then again unless it's extreme thats not something I would really notice.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thank you

You should probably replace them with the engine mounts from the Hummer H3. That is what the fleet departments use because they are a stronger mount, less likely to break.

The original mounts are a hydraulic mount (fluid filled rubber) and the H3 mounts are solid rubber.

Unless you just enjoy replacing engine mounts frequently:shrug:

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you care about lifetime warranty when you do your own repairs and can easily replace yourself. This is one of those jobs you want to make sure you buy a mount that wont fail anytime soon, no matter the price but Hummer H3 is best mount and there is a big discussion about it in the stickies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon