Opinions on Aftermarket Motor Mounts? '07 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been shopping for a driver side motor mount for my '07 Yukon XL Denali and looking at the posts here, just wondering if anyone has used the aftermarket motor mounts rather than the GM branded ones?

Found some aftermarket ones that are fairly reasonably priced? Wondering if they hold up?

Does not look like a terribly hard job, done these on other vehicles, looks like once you get the steering column link out, pretty straight forward.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they appear to bolt right in based on the feedback in that thread. The cost is 4X the price of those aftermarket mounts though...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The price of the mount should be the last consideration, especially after you go through replacing one. It ain't easy from what I hear. And everything except the Hummer ones just fail again.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price of the mount should be the last consideration, especially after you go through replacing one. It ain't easy from what I hear. And everything except the Hummer ones just fail again.

After doing this type work for many decades and trying to select the "best" parts, I have found that brand names nor price is the determining factor. I have found many times that the manufacturer parts are also made by the same company but under different names and exactly the same part, but you can buy them at a lower price because you are not paying for the manufacturer logo or name on it.

What is different about the motor mounts that go in the Hummer that make them not fail like the GM (or AC Delco)?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are pages and pages and pages of info on this already documented. Do some searching and all the answers are there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use the link in post #3 here, and go to page 33, post #329 by @NathanJax. Kinda hard not to find.

Insanity: replacing the motor mount over and over again and expecting different results from the same style part.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The difference is the stock mount is a hydraulic mount (it's a rubber bladder filled with fluid) which is supposed to decrease felt vibrations.

The Hummer mount is solid rubber and much less likely to tear and fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne