Online Transmission shops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Whos got some advice for me on a transmission shop i can order a complete unit from online? So far I've contacted toms river, performabuilt, and transbuilderguy. I have a 93 4x4 2 door yukon and I believe the 3-4 clutch pack is starting to slip. Going to need one soon!!!! Is there anyone else that I should get a quote from? I'm looking to tow with it like 2 or 3 times a month. I WILL not go with a monster trans either as they have horrible reviews!!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might take a look at the GM remanufactured transmissions as they come with a 36/100,000 parts and labor warranty and are covered at all dealerships. That would beat shipping it back to an online builder if you ran into any issues. They run around $2k but sometimes offer rebates.

I'm fairly sure that this covers self-installed transmissions, but you'd need to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kyle Loosemore
Reaction score
You might take a look at the GM remanufactured transmissions as they come with a 36/100,000 parts and labor warranty and are covered at all dealerships. That would beat shipping it back to an online builder if you ran into any issues. They run around $2k but sometimes offer rebates.

I'm fairly sure that this covers self-installed transmissions, but you'd need to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok yeah. But I've heard the gm remans are HORRIBLE (worse than monster) and im looking for a heavy duty tow haul trans. And I don't mind having to pull it and ship it back to somewhere (I'm a mechanic) I just have no experience in transmission rebuilds or I would do it myself. Just looking for other options people will have. Thanks for the reply though

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Level II Raptor from PATC back in 2012. Its been ok so far with exception to stripping the collar on the sunshell. It was the beast and all mechanics I've talked to say they never have seen one break before. I kinda think I might have stressed the sunshell backing down some rutted up roads with a heavy trailer in 4-low. It stripped a year later on a high rpm 1-2 up shift. That being said, it was expensive.
Probably $2400 uninstalled. If I were to do it again, I would seriously look into the 4l80e conversion. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.

OP
OP
kyle Loosemore
Reaction score
I bought the Level II Raptor from PATC back in 2012. Its been ok so far with exception to stripping the collar on the sunshell. It was the beast and all mechanics I've talked to say they never have seen one break before. I kinda think I might have stressed the sunshell backing down some rutted up roads with a heavy trailer in 4-low. It stripped a year later on a high rpm 1-2 up shift. That being said, it was expensive.
Probably $2400 uninstalled. If I were to do it again, I would seriously look into the 4l80e conversion. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.
Awesome...ill look into them maybe get a trans from them that's not too bad for a level 2...id like to get a 5 pinion planets if that's offered in that package?

OP
OP
kyle Loosemore
Reaction score
Call Triple Edge Performance. They are now expanding to 6L80s and 90s and have been top notch for building 4L65s, 200R4s, 4L60s, etc.
Cool thanks for the tip I just wish I knew their prices before calling them!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods