Ongoing Mods to my Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Appreciate all the support and well wishes guys.

January 15th i had surgery to have my entire large intestine removed. Spent the next 5 weeks with a shit bag till my insides healed, then had to have an emergency reversal due to complications with the shit bag/stoma.

That reversal left me with a hole in my gut that could fit the girth of a red bull can. After another month with a wound vac i was all but healed.

At the end of March my dr had cleared me and lifted many of my restrictions, and I had planned on going back to work mid April...

Unfortunately on the 3rd or 4th i had to call 911 for an ambulance as i was in horrible pain... after lots of testing, turns out there was a perforation of my intestines and i had air and infection inside my body...

Here is the kicker... 9 days in the icu and hospital and none of the drs or my surgeons etc could find this perforation... no location and no reason as to why it happened... kinda leaves me in fear every minute of every day as I dont know what to avoid.

My surgeon assures me it was nothing i did that caused it and that i was an anomoly and hes never seen anything like this during this time frame... so now i pray ans keep my fingers crossed that every pain i feel is not it going all bad again, because the next time could kill me or put me under the knife again.

Im 41 years old... dont be like Popo... dont get old.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Do you think eventually you'll go back to work? I hope so.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best wishes man. Keep praying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will keep you in my prayers and thank you for years of service popo. Good luck my friend, i know you’ll be back soon, just keep praying bud.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here goes... my wife questions if Im ready, amd I am definitely no where near as strong as I was, but my surgeon has cleared me to return to work this month.

Although the clear date is the 9th, i have my cruisin ocmd vacation starting on the 12th...

So barring any unforeseen negative issues between now and then, I hope to put the uniform back on, on the 25th...

Soooo paranoid...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well here goes... my wife questions if Im ready, amd I am definitely no where near as strong as I was, but my surgeon has cleared me to return to work this month.

Although the clear date is the 9th, i have my cruisin ocmd vacation starting on the 12th...

So barring any unforeseen negative issues between now and then, I hope to put the uniform back on, on the 25th...

Soooo paranoid...

Just do it man. If it was me, I'd start doing a light workout, just to get my body used to it. I sooo miss putting the uniform on. You're good man.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy to hear this, I'm 42 so it hits home. Best of luck to you in recovery and heading back to the force. Thoughts are with you my man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts