One for the books

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well, it's gone and you ordered a new one. End of story, I would not worry about it any further. I've dropped things before and round or circular objects sometimes like to roll. I've dropped sockets, oil or coolant caps, lugnuts, etc and had some end up rolling over 50-75 feet away.
Just put the new cap on and be done with it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure any autozone/ advance auto/ every auto store on earth is open sunday. It’s a piece of plastic with a few threads what’s the points in ordering an OEM. I don’t understand this logic at all.

Many folks say that about gas caps and then wonder why their check engine comes on... I'd do the same as the OP, only OEM parts for me.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s all up to you, you’ll prob find it when the new one comes if you have my luck lol.

hound_dog

Reaction score
I had a car that had an emblem on the engine cover. One day after taking it to the dealer for service (first 3 years service was included), I noticed the emblem was gone. So they bought a new one. 9 years later, I was doing some work and that emblem was wedged in a tight spot that wasn't visible. Amazing how long it stayed in there without being seen (110k miles). I sold there car 3 years ago but still have the emblem. Anyway, I know how frustrating the mystery is but you might figure it out later, MUCH later.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet it's in the engine compartment- it's amazing how things can find the perfect place to fall into and roll out of sight. And it's black so it would just blend in. Probably find it if you pull the engine but I wouldn't worry about it falling out and hurting anything.