Oil pressure sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weatherfordjacey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I unplugged my oil sensor to make sure connections were clean and all the wires were there and now my gauge won't work is it safe to drive for a couple days till I get paid or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I unplugged my oil sensor to make sure connections were clean and all the wires were there and now my gauge won't work is it safe to drive for a couple days till I get paid or not

Get a mechanical pressure gauge in there so you can atleast tell if you have pressure. But if your can't drive at your own risk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Why did you do this? Was it acting up?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes my oil pressure drops when I come to a stop and goes up when driving

Because of where you're posting, I'm assuming this is an OBS truck (you really should either state in your post the year & model or put it in your sig so people can accurately help). Rant over, sorry.

What you are describing is very common in those trucks. Usually when the sensor or a connection goes bad, it will stick at 80. It is normal for the gauge to rise under load. How low does it drop? Not being an ass, but have you checked the level? Maybe it's just low...

And now it won't work at all? Are you sure you got it plugged back in right, did it click back together? What is the gauge doing? Where does it read with key ON, engine OFF?

Finally, all the sensor is doing is sending to the gauge. So if you're sure there's oil in it, you're PROBABLY fine, but @about20ninj45 is right, unless you can be SURE there's pressure, you're AYOR to a degree. It is POSSIBLE your oil pump is going...