Oil Pressure gauge pegged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buffdriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On a recent trip, my 05 Denali oil pressure gauge went to 80psi (the stop) and stayed there. No other issues, runs as normal. Gauge went to zero with ignition off, but went back to 80 when turned on again. Sensor? Wiring?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
On a recent trip, my 05 Denali oil pressure gauge went to 80psi (the stop) and stayed there. No other issues, runs as normal. Gauge went to zero with ignition off, but went back to 80 when turned on again. Sensor? Wiring?

If it goes to 80 with key on engine off, it's the sending unit 99% of the time every time.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here`s a short video on where it is. I have hands the size of catchers mitts so i could not get my hand in there to change it. I had my normal size friend change it in about two minutes.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sensor is a pain in the ass the change. check and make sure its the sending unit first...much easier to repair!

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 XL - exact same problem. New sending unit fixed it. The shop had some special tool to do it = easy for them. Top rear of the engine.