Oil Filter recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
ANYONE EVER USE WIX 57045...some of the TBSS boys use it...its taller than the 57502, which is taller than the stock 57060.

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
I also use wix. Although I used a napa platinum on this last change. Anyone know what the platinum is equivalent?

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to use Wix/Napa gold on every vehicle I now own (6),
On my Denali right after the service every time I started the engine cold it clattered for about 25-30 seconds.
Just like a dry start after a oil/oil filter change.
I went to the dealer and they suggest I put in a AC Delco oil filter to satisfy GM before they tried to find the problem.
I did and the problem stopped, it turned out to be a defective check valve on a NEW oil filter.
I then remembered I had the same problem on another vehicle using Napa Gold about 10 years ago, I then went with the manufactures oil filter.
Now I only use the vehicle manufactures oil filters exclusively on every thing I own.
IMO Wix/Napa gold is crap I don't care if those names are on race cars, its still crap.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also prefer AC Delco but have had no problems with Mobil One and K&N oil filters. We are running a long K&N with the pipe thread fitting on the end to make it easy to replace the filter.

Long - PF63, Mobil - M1-212, K&N - HP2011
Short - PF48, Mobil - M1-113A, K&N - HP1017

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any specific reason why to run a longer filter over the short one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it makes it easier to remove. In my racing days we ran longer filters for better filtration, the motors weren't any worse because of it. Old habits too I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts