Oil Filter recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisfox75

Reaction score
what number?

remember the ole SCB had short & tall filters in different applications.

i think the LSx engine family should have a taller filter, but have not found one.

i "think" a bigger filter equals less restriction, and better filtering, and just a bit more oil capacity.

is there a tall oil filter for our trucks?

PF48 in the delco brand... thats all i use, but i second the use of WIX filters, they are one of the best if not the best on the market... stay awy from fram...

No tall filter for our trucks..

Stick with what works, ACDelco or WIX... IMO...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I'm a distributor, the guy that supplies parts to the repair shops. Wix are preferred 5:1 to the AcDelcos. The Wix are just better filters. Don't even get me started on FRAM... Absolute trash.

um thats what i always use lol. it works alright for me

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Place we were buying ours from stopped selling delco then brought them back and stopped again fml fml

Glad this thread was started though I'll deffinantly start looking at wix!!

kensyl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check into AMSOIL's remote oil filter set-up. 10 times better filtration than any bypass oil filter that only filters about 20% of the oil on each pass. The AMSOIL system has a bypass filter, then a full flow filter that filters the oil 100 % on each pass through the system. Using this system @ 3-4000 mils a year, you could easily run synth oil for 3yrs. I drive my nali 50000 a year, and change once ayear, she's got over 350,000 and still strong..

wardo

Reaction score
napa gold = wix, can't go wrong. no need for the tall filter if you drive that little. go with napa or k/n since your talking about less than 15 bucks twice a year. Change it at-least every 6 months.

Last edited:

biorob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oil Filter

I use K&N filters with free Amazon shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore