Oil Fill Tube Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ferr1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil Fill Tube

Noticed that oil was starting to leak out of the base of my oil fill tube on to the block and valve covers. There appears to be a rubber gasket that should allow the tube to seat against the valve cover. The tube moves about an 1/8 to 1/6 around in the valve cover. Any one know how to take the oil fill tube off? Additionally, the tube appears a little loose on one side, because of that the tube won't remain flush w/ the cover. Now because of the leak, my belt is starting to squeal. I hate having an oil leak on my nice clean engine block and serpentine belt!

Thank guys.

Ferris

( I posted in the wrong location. Can somebody help here? :adminpower:

Last edited:

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of mine cracked during the summer, not sure how but luckily none of the pieces actually broke off. I just put the cap right on the valve cover, same "threading" for the cap as the bottom of the fill tube, just gotta use a funnel when im putting oil in.

rv8pilot

Reaction score
Just found this after doing a Google on the subject. Could not get mine out, even put a strap wrench on it but not able to turn it or pull it out. There was some looseness and no evidence of a any kind of a seal. I noticed that there was a gap of about 1/8" between the flange at the bottom and the rocker cover. I dug around in my o-ring stash and found one that I was able to force over the flange and into the gap. Not a perfect fit but the tube was much more solid. No idea if the leak is stopped or not but I'd be willing to bet it is. I was getting oil odors while driving, not much in the way of a leak.

Contend997

Reaction score
it sounds like the oring is gone you need to twist off and check for oring you might have to press down to twist it

rs657f

Reaction score
I have a 96 vortec and mines is a ***** to yank without worrying about it breaking in half. Anyone else have that similar body style?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts