Oil cooler line & trans cooler line replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@domoarigato @992dr How hard was it for you guys to change these lines? Noticed some droplets on the driveway this morning towards the front of the vehicle and I think I may have to replace these lines as I had noted some seepage when I first picked up the truck.

It wasnt bad at all like @992dr stated. I did it while I did my oil change to minimize the amount of oil that leaked out.

My replacement lines from AC Delco did not come with the quick disconnect retainer c-clips so be careful when you remove yours because you will have to re-use them.

The only bad part (which wasnt that bad), was fishing the oil line out / in. It helps if you have another set of hands but I managed with myself.

It also helps to unbolt a few of the undertrays to give you some more room to work with.

It's that time of the month for a few of us evidently, my trans cooler lines are seeping enough to leave about a 2" wet spot overnight.

I still need to do my trans lines. They seem to be a little more harder to access than the oil lines. Let us know how it goes.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@992dr @domoarigato @RichardCranium Thanks for the insight and replies. Did a bit of research on some other forums and some guys have said that adding some additional clamps might help. From your observations do you think it would?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I removed both trays helps a bunch, it really opens things up.

Fishing the lines through was a little tricky but like Jake said, its not that bad. I also did this by myself, it wasn't too bad. Just be patient and it'll all fall into place.

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean by additional clamps? What would you need additional clamps for?
To hold the lines after they were installed?

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I removed both trays helps a bunch, it really opens things up.

Fishing the lines through was a little tricky but like Jake said, its not that bad. I also did this by myself, it wasn't too bad. Just be patient and it'll all fall into place.

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean by additional clamps? What would you need additional clamps for?
To hold the lines after they were installed?

Adding the clamp would stop the seeping. That's what some people were suggesting.

I'm going to put the truck on my ramps tomorrow and take a look and see if the above fix is viable. Shouldn't cost too much in the grand scheme of things too.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding the clamp would stop the seeping. That's what some people were suggesting.

I'm going to put the truck on my ramps tomorrow and take a look and see if the above fix is viable. Shouldn't cost too much in the grand scheme of things too.

Do you have any picture of the clamp and where it is affixed to?
I have not heard of this method to eliminate the seeping.
Thanks

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts