Oil cooler line & trans cooler line replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Popped the hood today and noticed a few lines seeping. I just want to double check with you PPV vets before I go ahead and order parts.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but the lines going into the radiator on the drivers side is for the oil cooler, and the lines going into the radiator going into the passenger side is for the trans cooler.

71VM7Wel.jpgIecU9Xzl.jpg
HyjNHAql.jpg 2j7WWK1l.jpg

With that being said. Since this is a PPV I believe I need lines for the HD trans cooler right? I have pulled up the following part numbers:

Trans Cooler Line: ACDELCO 25999420
Oil Cooler: ACDELCO 20828695

Is there anything else I'm overlooking?

Thank you!

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct.
I replaced my oil lines a few weeks ago. My lines were seeping pretty bad.

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct.
I replaced my oil lines a few weeks ago. My lines were seeping pretty bad.

The part numbers I listed look good? Either way, I already ordered them and will know shortly :)

I'm assuming all the oil has to be drained first correct?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part numbers I listed look good? Either way, I already ordered them and will know shortly :)

I haven't done this, but suspect there's an anti-drainback check valve in the oil cooler circuit, so draining the oil, or removing the oil filter will get you nothing but two messes. I could be wrong, but I bet all you can do is pull the line from either end to start it draining. I think I'd start at the engine end, unless the FSM says differently.

UPDATE: FSM goes front to back. I'd have to get under the truck to see which direction I'd think would result in less of a mess, though. I suspect it's just something you'll have to expect to get oily doing.

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You're good to go :)
This is what I used = ACDelco GM Original Equipment 20828695 Engine Oil Cooler Hose Assembly
I did not drain my oil.
I had just changed my oil before changing the lines. Why, don't ask :) I just unhooked them and pulled them off. Just be prepared for some oil to drain, not really that bad. I did unhook the top to help them drain.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@domoarigato @992dr How hard was it for you guys to change these lines? Noticed some droplets on the driveway this morning towards the front of the vehicle and I think I may have to replace these lines as I had noted some seepage when I first picked up the truck.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@domoarigato @992dr How hard was it for you guys to change these lines? Noticed some droplets on the driveway this morning towards the front of the vehicle and I think I may have to replace these lines as I had noted some seepage when I first picked up the truck.

It wasn't bad at all. Being 2wd there's plenty of room and the lines are flexible enough to maneuver down and around the motor and over the cross member.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's that time of the month for a few of us evidently, my trans cooler lines are seeping enough to leave about a 2" wet spot overnight.

When they go, they all go together hah.
My trans lines haven't started yet. My coolant line/adapter coming from the water pump is leaking though. Some weird looking fitting and its all plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018