oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 160k mile 6.0 Escalade runs great figured a catch can might be a great addition which ones does anyone use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an issue with oil in your intake?

When I cleaned the TB it wasn't too dirty I got a slight oil pan leak I'm using a lil under 1/4 of a quart per 3k miles the stock PCV system on these trucks isn't the best so figured this might be something good to do many do on these generation trucks

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
When I cleaned the TB it wasn't too dirty I got a slight oil pan leak I'm using a lil under 1/4 of a quart per 3k miles the stock PCV system on these trucks isn't the best so figured this might be something good to do many do on these generation trucks

Oh I see. I know that sometimes some vehicles need them but I hadn't heard of anyone using them on these. When I pulled my engine at 169k I didn't see much inside the intake.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I see. I know that sometimes some vehicles need them but I hadn't heard of anyone using them on these. When I pulled my engine at 169k I didn't see much inside the intake.

Some of these trucks had a replaceable PCV valve the latter ones like mine it's all built in the valve cover (which I think is why the PCV system on these trucks suck) only way to replace it is replace the valve cover so due to that this would help with that if you were having any kinda issues

zzyzx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '13 Tahoe with 75000 miles with a new catch can installed. After a a couple thousand miles I drained about 2 tablespoons of muck, water and oil mix. Not sure what damage it would be doing, but it felt good not having that circulating through the engine. I think it's due to all these short trips my wife takes which is a killer. Also, from what I've read it's more of an issue if you have AFM.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one from www.catchcans.com and after my last oil change ( with a new PCV valve installed previously) I got a few tablespoons of oil out of it. I was surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods