Oil Catch Can Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really easy install, but I didn't see any threads on it, so I thought I would take you along on my journey and hopefully help out any future installers. I did my best to remember to take pics along the way.

First, no matter what catch can you get, the installation is essentially the same process. Theres an inlet, and an outlet. Its pretty straight forward.

This is the catch can I ordered from Amazon. $50 for the can, and a few bucks for some 3/8ths fuel line (not pictured) from the parts store. You can spend a couple hundred bucks for these cans, but I don't see the need to. I didn't want to use the included line cause it looks like crap and would probably melt under the hood.

20170726_161831.jpg

The first thing I did was to install the correct barbed fittings into the can, along with some teflon tape to seal the threads.

Next step is finding somewhere to mount the can. Some cans come with a mounting bracket, but mine didn't. I had an old fuel pump mounting bracket laying around, and I ended up drilling some holes and mounting it to the brake booster.

20170728_175642.jpg

Remove the engine cover, and also the bracket that holds the throttle cable. The PCV hose runs from the top of the intake, to the rear of the driver side head. Remove the hose and throw it in the garbage. If you are going to reuse your PCV valve, keep it.

20170728_180253.jpg
20170728_180330.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a piece of the 3/8ths fuel line on the PCV valve, along with a hose clamp. Snug it up and reinstall the PCV valve in the cylinder head. Run that hose to the inlet on the catch can.

Run another piece of fuel line to the fitting on top of the intake. The other end get plugged into the outlet of the catch can.

20170728_181225.jpg

20170728_181532.jpg

Double check the hose clamps. Reinstall the throttle cable bracket, and engine cover, and you're done.

20170728_181736.jpg