Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
@04Huck how'd you secure the driver side sway bar mount?
They mean for you to drill and tap it the same size as the original holes and reuse the bolts. I ****** up and went one size too large so I had to buy some hardware. No big deal, I just road around without he bar for a couple days till I could go to the hardware store. $12 later I was back in business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They mean for you to drill and tap it the same size as the original holes and reuse the bolts. I ****** up and went one size too large so I had to buy some hardware. No big deal, I just road around without he bar for a couple days till I could go to the hardware store. $12 later I was back in business

Looks like I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow.

I also for the life if me could not cut the brackets off (free travel mod)

04Huck

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow.

I also for the life if me could not cut the brackets off (free travel mod)

Best thing for those brackets is, take the sway bar off, disconnect the brake line bracket from the rear end (so you don't pull the lines too tight), take off the rear shocks and let the axle droop as far as you can. You'll have plenty of room then. I used a sawzall with some good metal blades to make the initial cut. Just started at the rear of the drivers side and worked my way forward, basically using the frame rail as a guide for the blade while being careful not to dig into the frame. Just be careful near the front cuz the fuel tank is right there.

Then same process on the passenger side, there's more room over there. Then used a grinder to clean it all up and a little black paint.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c2938140701f8ec24a634efba72caef3.jpg
d86c6c6c0b3f8bebd4b9ed754422191b.jpg
cad22a8cdc1e95962e57b2ba618885e5.jpg
05dd207d514d22eb4ec2efe8a7463271.jpg
88e398288bcce3d9fb7e20eb6295852f.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!

I'l give it a shot on my next brake. I work tomorrow night and it' too late in the day for me now. Since I just put the truck back together. I'm gonna figure this sway bar out first. I'm driving from Northern Va to Massachusetts soon so I want to get that figured out before then

04Huck

Reaction score
Yeah man, let me know if you have any more questions

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a silly question but since I used spindles and did new LCAs is an alignment necessary? The truck still drives straight and the steering wheel is centered. Only reason. I ask is I was planning on getting one Friday however I'm also planning on doing UCAs and tierods soon and I know I'll need an alignment after that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts