OEM Grille Removal Video (2011 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kysrsze

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a quick video I made today while removing the OEM grille from my 2011 Tahoe. Hope it helps someone. The grille is a real PITA to take off, especially when it's only 40F outside.

[yt]J_YSHYOzO1U[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
K

kysrsze

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am no GM engineer but here's my thought.

On these trucks there is a black and a chrome grille. The upper and lower grilles are each 3 pieces. The actual grille mesh (which can be chrome or black), the grille surround which the mesh attaches to (which can be chrome or black), and the grille mounting assembly which hold the aforementioned pieces in place. So it is necessary that it be this way to accommodate the different OEM grille styles.

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think he means that the mesh doesn't pull out from the front like yours did in the video. Was the chrome grille you are replacing aftermarket? Both of the black ones I have worked on wouldn't have ever come apart that way.

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he means that the mesh doesn't pull out from the front like yours did in the video. Was the chrome grille you are replacing aftermarket? Both of the black ones I have worked on wouldn't have ever come apart that way.

:sorrysign: thats exactly what i was trying to say.

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced my grille last night, and removed the grille whole without having to take them apart. the hardest part is removing the two clips that hold the upper grille, but once those are off, its just a matter of feeling for the tabs and pressing out the grille.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87