OBD Scanning - Realtime Hybrid Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Ghostrider

Reaction score
Its been a while, but I've been working on getting more information out of my Hy **.

I got a cheap bluetooth OBD-II adapter from Amazon and bought the Torque App for my android phone and started digging for Custom PIDs to pull data out of the truck about what the battery and electric motors are really doing. Fast forward about a year and a half and I'm finally making progress!

I knew these were all Mode 22 PID's but had no idea where to start until I stumbled on a clue to the first few and got going

So for those of you out there with the Torque app, or any OBD-II reader, really...here is how to access some of what we've all wanted to know!

Hybrid Battery Current
Mode & PID: 2240D2
Min: -100
Max: 100
Unit Type: Amps
Equation: ((SIGNED(A)*256)+B/20

Hybrid Battery State Of Charge
Mode & PID: 222411
Min: 0
Max: 100
Unit Type: %
Equation: A*100/255

Hybrid Battery Pack Calculated Volts
Mode & PID: 2240FE
Min: 240
Max: 360
Unit Type: Volts
Equation: ((A*256)+B)/10

I've got many others that I'm close to figuring out, but the formulas aren't quite right yet...I'll post them as I find them.

NKemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Clink, clink, clink ... are you still there?

I know this is an old post but.... I was so excited to see these since I could add functionality that the Tahoe Hybrid std. hybrid display is lacking. I created the custom PID's as indicated and they all show "-" in Torque free version (downloaded today).

Any thoughts?

Plus ... Did you ever make progress on the other PID's? and if so can you post them?

Many thanks,
Nick

Last edited: