Obd 2 code reader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewg29

Reaction score
This is completely random and has nothing to do with this forum, but I have a 2002 chevy tahoe z71, and when the vehicle is idling it shakes quite noticeably especially at Red lights and such.. I had the spark plugs and wires changed with ac delco. Before the plugs and wires were changed the engine did not shake. I'm wondering if the aluminum heads are cross threaded and it's causing one of the cylinders in misfiring? Anyway, I'm wondering if there is like a $20-$30 obd 2 scanner that can read stored codes. Btw the check engine light is not on but I know for a fact something is wrong. Thanks!

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
Auto zone will will do an OBD test for you for free if you find nothing there while motor is running pull one spark plug at a time until you find one that does not change the way it is running and start there it may be an injector or as simple as a dirty fuel filter. I just noticed you had the wires replaced make sure the firing order is right 18436572

OP
OP
andrewg29

andrewg29

Reaction score
Search this site for a wifi/bluetooth elm obd2 module and get the appropriate app.
Less than 20 gets you you're own scanner and real time data viewer.
Yup! Just ordered the elm327 and about to buy the app.. I saw it on a different thread. Thanks anyway!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a spray bottle that can produce a fine mist. fill it with water.
Let the engine warm up, pop hood.
Turn off all lights and then mist the coils, wires and spark plugs.
Look for the disco lights, aka sparks.

If there is a leak, you will see it, sometimes its subtle and you really have too look.

OP
OP
andrewg29

andrewg29

Reaction score
Auto zone will will do an OBD test for you for free if you find nothing there while motor is running pull one spark plug at a time until you find one that does not change the way it is running and start there it may be an injector or as simple as a dirty fuel filter. I just noticed you had the wires replaced make sure the firing order is right 18436572
I needed something that shows live feed! Thank you anyway and welcome to the forums!

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Get yourself a spray bottle that can produce a fine mist. fill it with water.
Let the engine warm up, pop hood.
Turn off all lights and then mist the coils, wires and spark plugs.
Look for the disco lights, aka sparks.

If there is a leak, you will see it, sometimes its subtle and you really have too look.
I'll try that tomorrow while I'm giving it a bath.. I appreciate your help

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed something that shows live feed! Thank you anyway and welcome to the forums!

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

I'll try that tomorrow while I'm giving it a bath.. I appreciate your help

I Have this obd2 scanner which reads live feed, works right out of the box
(doesn't need to be hooked up to a computer) and is inexpensive

NEW KW820 OBDII OBD2 EOBD Auto Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader Diagnostic | eBay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh