NS's 2012 ccsb build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Is that half inch really gonna make that big of a difference?

Why not just save up and buy a beater truck to use for that stuff? I get your point, but a car seat and small child will not make a difference. Maybe the constant projects do, but that's where a beater comes into play. What's saving up and buying a $1500-$2000 single cab to haul stuff around in gonna hurt.

You could also get a nice set of 22's and your ride would probably be a little better. I always miss my 22's ride quality when I switch to the summer rims.

Can't you cut the bump stops or get smaller ones? Not sure how the silvys differ from the Tahoe.

I just don't see how your dad's can ride so well with half inch less, yet yours will suffer, just my opinion.

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A beater is not in the budget. I don't want another vehicle unless it's a squarebody. Plus the wife wouldn't let it happen. I have no clue why my fathers truck ride better but it does. Same drop kit as well. Bump stops are gone in the rear and if I double the psi in the shocks it should never bottom out and that half inch up front should keep me from hitting the top of the fender more. I have thought about 22s and I've even considered some factory new style 5 spoke 20s. I've thought about a underbed notch but I plan on moving on to a 4x4 in the next year or 2 so I don't want to cut up the frame.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I support you starting to save for a squarebody. Just buy it, show up with it and tell the wife sorry and you didn't know it'd upset her but it's too late and you cannot return it to the previous owner :D

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish it was that easy lmao. My dad always tells me it easier to ask for forgiveness then permission haha. But with wanting to start a family and also focusing on trying to get our student loans paid off as well.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I wish it was that easy lmao. My dad always tells me it easier to ask for forgiveness then permission haha. But with wanting to start a family and also focusing on trying to get our student loans paid off as well.
Pay those loans off first. Then square body, then kid. And I'm 100% serious. If you want a square body, do it before the kid. Otherwise it might be a while before you get one. Kids are not cheap.....

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can agree with that, but I'm ready for a family and a squarebody is something that wait awhile for me. The want will always be there but the need is not great. I am truly tried of holding other people's kids and want nothing more than to hold my own.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being a dad is truly one of the greatest things in the world regardless of cost :) squarebody's will always be out there and for sale :)

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
glad u told us first, would hate to have that just sprung on me lol ........ I know what u mean with the hauling being a pain in the @$$. so glad I added the notch. life is SOOO much easier now lol. I would bottom out if we had adults in the back seat :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442