Not so sure anymore- Need guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been surprised at how filthy the combustion chambers are on these LS engines when torn down. Our Buicks were never this dirty even after we blew them up! The pistons were always spotless. Now you might have convinced me to get those things or a couple of breathers! LOL

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now all I do is burn real regular without any ethanol in it and run a can and a half of Berryman's B12 Chemtool through the gas every 45 days or so. It always seems to let the Tahoe get about a mile per gallon mileage better the next tank after the treatment.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been surprised at how filthy the combustion chambers are on these LS engines when torn down. Our Buicks were never this dirty even after we blew them up! The pistons were always spotless. Now you might have convinced me to get those things or a couple of breathers! LOL
Thats funny, i blew a hole through many a piston on a bunch of 231 v6’s.... and they were always clean inside...it was fun to tear them apart and see what i did, then go to the junkyard and bring home another clean if up, paint it and put it back in, dime a dozen for them motors ... i learned a lot back then..

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now all I do is burn real regular without any ethanol in it and run a can and a half of Berryman's B12 Chemtool through the gas every 45 days or so. It always seems to let the Tahoe get about a mile per gallon mileage better the next tank after the treatment.

I'm a fan of B12 Chemtool. I prefer it over the highly-acclaimed Seafoam.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering giving my combustion chambers a steam bath after I get the long tubes (catless).

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do it, the plugs had been changed and were fine. After checking #1 we closed the hood and went in to have breakfast and now onto Christmas stuff. Actually, they're going to do Christmas stuff and I'm going to bed.