Not drill holes for stealthbox?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to start getting around to finally installing some stuff in the tahoe and I have never been a fan of making permanent holes.

I am leaning toward NOT drilling the 2 holes in the floor over the transmission to mount the box but rather just let it set in place...

Has anyone else NOT bolted theirs down?

I am completely capable of performing the task at hand before people offer advice and tell me to not be afraid etc, I just prefer not to. I like the feeling of being able to return things to stock even if I never intend to.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1 and its not bolted down. Its a snug enough fit to where it doesn't move.

OP
OP
leonpiper69

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah it fit nice and snug and I sound deadened most of the inside of the console as I heard they tend to rattle. I still have one or two tiny little rattles to track down but overall sounds great.

Overall really impressed. I ende dup using an old 4x50 alpine I had on the shelf in the garage instead of the PPI 4x50 because it fit better in the spot I wanted to put it.

The JL C5-650s really came alive with some power.

I used an Audio Control LC2i and it is a tiny bit annoying how loud the blinkers are but I will get used to it.

But the Stealthbox......I was worried it was going to be a waste.........my goodness it does MORE than I need it to. It really fills out the bottom end and I can turn it up past where I actually want it to be.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Going to start getting around to finally installing some stuff in the tahoe and I have never been a fan of making permanent holes.

I am leaning toward NOT drilling the 2 holes in the floor over the transmission to mount the box but rather just let it set in place...

Has anyone else NOT bolted theirs down?

I am completely capable of performing the task at hand before people offer advice and tell me to not be afraid etc, I just prefer not to. I like the feeling of being able to return things to stock even if I never intend to.
You could always use some heavy duty Velcro on the box where it meets the rug. Might be just enough to keep the box in place without moving around.

OP
OP
leonpiper69

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah it won't move. It is pressed down by the console (literally pressing on top of it) the front engde is pressed up against duct work and sides of the console are touching it as well. She ain't moving a bit ;)

I was more worried about sound. The JL directions say if it is not mounted being bolted down it wouldn't sound as good.........after hearing it I am calling BS. I think their directions to bolt it are specifically to avoid lawsuits in the event of a crash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts