NorcalSS kit, broken DJM end links- help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Front Street

Reaction score
Thanks again! I actually just found the instructions shortly before you posted the link! Only took me two hours to get through old threads about instructions. The instructions are a must have when you're not looking directly under the truck!

Also, I'm going to reach out to Tony about any Warranty claims for the DJM endlinks since I bought the kit through him 3 years ago. As far as looking for other alternatives, it'll just be easier to order the same end links from him this Friday.

@NORCAL SS any insight into how fast new end links can be shipped when I place the order on Friday?

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an adjustable pan hard bar do you still need to do these upgrades?I am also running 24s on my 01 suburban and I wanna get it handling good as possible.im using 2 inch drop spindles and 3inch coils.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With an adjustable pan hard bar do you still need to do these upgrades?I am also running 24s on my 01 suburban and I wanna get it handling good as possible.im using 2 inch drop spindles and 3inch coils.
It depends. You can install the panhard bar and then look to see how close your swaybar is to the passenger side panhard bar mount with the suspension settled down. If it looks like it might hit going over bumps then there's your answer. With a 3" drop you'll probably be ok but no guarantee.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends. You can install the panhard bar and then look to see how close your swaybar is to the passenger side panhard bar mount with the suspension settled down. If it looks like it might hit going over bumps then there's your answer. With a 3" drop you'll probably be ok but no guarantee.
Ok I'll check this weekend how bout the alignment with 24s are the factory adjusters gonna have enough adjustment to get the alignment correct or should I look at some of the brackets with a few more degrees made into them,.oh an thanks for such a quick reply with your help!!always appreciate some help

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll check this weekend how bout the alignment with 24s are the factory adjusters gonna have enough adjustment to get the alignment correct or should I look at some of the brackets with a few more degrees made into them,.oh an thanks for such a quick reply with your help!!always appreciate some help
If you're doing drop spindles you should be fine. I'm running 26's and 2" spindles and mine was fine.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the rk2000 kit from djm really help alot with the ride in the rear. My rear end rides pretty bad. I have mcgaughys spindles in front an I had crown suspension 4 inch coils in rear. Rode like crap. Would bottom out over big bumps. And I have done the free travel mod. Drilled and tapped after market bump stops and put them on top of my rear end where the factory ones hit. Still bottoms out. I have beltech nitro drop shocks. I took the crown 4 inch coils out an put in mcgaughys 3 inch. Still same problem. Doesn't ride that great so wondering if the trailing arm relocation and shorter end links really make that much of a difference . Any answers are appreciated thanks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the rk2000 kit from djm really help alot with the ride in the rear. My rear end rides pretty bad. I have mcgaughys spindles in front an I had crown suspension 4 inch coils in rear. Rode like crap. Would bottom out over big bumps. And I have done the free travel mod. Drilled and tapped after market bump stops and put them on top of my rear end where the factory ones hit. Still bottoms out. I have beltech nitro drop shocks. I took the crown 4 inch coils out an put in mcgaughys 3 inch. Still same problem. Doesn't ride that great so wondering if the trailing arm relocation and shorter end links really make that much of a difference . Any answers are appreciated thanks.
Your passenger side end link might be hitting your panhard bar mount. That’s where the DJM endlinks help by relocating the panhard an inch to the left.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side endlink did the same thing. I have Belltech 5305 coils, adjustable panhard, and from what Tony said it looks like they didn't move the sway bar over which is why mine broke. So now I'm considering upgraded sway bars, new wheels, GMT900 brakes all in preparation for adding more power. After all is said and done I would like to end up with what a fullsize Trailblazer SS would be like or the current Tahoe RST is now. Too bad I can't get that badass 10 speed transmission the RST has in it in my 06 Yukon.

20190615_060526.jpg

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe y'all can answer one question for me. The shop that installed my lowering kit didn't install the two energy suspension bumpstops that came with Tony's kit. Where exactly do they go? Because my steering needs some TLC, it looks like I'm getting sway bars, GMT900 brakes, and new wheels and tires and I want to make damn sure my suspension is exactly perfect this time around.