NORCAL'S $15 dollar 07+ strut mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
shock looks like it went bad. Only other time i have seen this is when you pull the oem spring off on autoride shocks and you dont hold the shaft and it spins creating a crack on the shaft and then over time it moves and breaks.

I bet if you take the shock off it will pop right off since the shaft is broken. Check it out

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not understanding what's happened. We're talking about the front struts, right? Not the rear shocks? Can you clarify, Tony?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes front strut. also 1 inch lower on the truck is only -.62 on shock stroke

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the new groove should be machined the same exact width and depth of the factory groove right?? If I do .42, will I be able to get the rear (5305's) to match the front, or will I have to change springs?? I'm right @ 34 5/8" all aorund right now!!

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes this is correct. my truck with spinldes and my strut mod is at 33 7/8 in front and rear no spacers 5305 springs sits at 34 3/8.

in rear to see if your truck will sit lower just pull the compresor fuse and pull the rear airline goign to the shock and drive around the block then remeasure. If it doesnt come down then you will need to trim coils