NORCAL'S $15 dollar 07+ strut mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did this mod today but did a .550 inch slot and got 3/4 inch drop. Ride quality is the same, cant tell the difference

Im going to lower the back a bit more and if it still rides good maybe lower the front again with a .80 inch slot...

.62 is a inch. also for 2 inches ive done the drop and thats when you feel the difference. ON the stock shocks 1.5 is most id go but you can go more f it. 6 years ive been doing them no real negative feedback from any ive done.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i really dont understand what your trying to get pictures of? its in the first post.

Alex29573

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Alex29573

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got back in town today after not using the truck for 9 days....

Start it up and there is a service suspension light on WTF

Didnt stop me from messing with the rear autoride links. I found that i cannot get the rear lower than 34" no matter how short i make the links. I guess i would have to cut dead coils off the springs to get the rear lower.

Ill wait till i get my 24" replicas before i try lowering more. For now i need to fix the service suspension thing, which i dont understand because the truck rides perfect

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
your not going to get lower unless you cut the dead coils on it or change springs.

check connections in both front and rear shocks.

Alex29573

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night the message was not coming up anymore but i still disconnected the battery overnight. Connected the battery this morning and still no error code... Checked all connections and everything is good, truck rides smooth.

Only thing i did was tie wrap the ebrake cable away from the shock. Ecause there was some rub marks on the shock

Norcal, If i cut dead coils do i need to change the autoride links or do i leave them how they are now? The way its setup now the rear will not go lower even if i make the links shorter

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pull the rear lines from the shocks it prob has any air in there. Im at 34 3/8 in rear with the links still longer on mine and if i pull the lines off bags still get a gush of air and truck comes down to 34 inches. cut a dead coil truck should come down if you adjust the links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01